Karl Liebknecht Street, 38A
Architects: K.T.Babykin, G.P. Valenkov, E.N. Korotkov
At the beginning of the 20th century this Soviet neo-classic building was built as a Business Club for Ural merchants and manufacturers to meet. The construction was completed in 1917, the beginning of the Soviet period and when all merchants, manufacturers and entrepreneurs were banished. The concert hall of the club had excellent acoustics and was soon being used for public concerts and lectures.
In 1936 the Sverdlovsk Philharmonic had their first season at the hall with a concert by a symphony orchestra led by US tour performer Vladimir Savvich. Today the Sverdlovsk State Academic Philharmonic Hall is one of the oldest philharmonic halls in Russia and often hosts visiting directors and soloists. As well as regular performances by the acclaimed Ural Academic Philharmonic Orchestra.
Хотите поддержать проект, и познакомиться с достопримечательностями Екатеринбурга? Тогда закажите у нас экскурсию :)