Lenin Avenue, 37
Architect M.P. Malakhov
This is one of most beautiful buildings in the city and was constructed in 1821 by the prominent local architect, M. P. Malakhov. It resembles a private mansion but was built as the Main Pharmacy of the Mining Department. The pharmacy served not only the Ekaterinburg plant, but also the surrounding plants in the Urals.
The museum was located here in 1992 and the earliest stone-cutting works on display date back to the 18th century. It is famous for its collection of goods made of malachite. The highlights of the museum are the Gold Storeroom and the Bazhov Room. There is also a 1.5 metre vase made from Kalkansk jasper, stone prints and jewellery made by Faberge craftsmen.
Хотите поддержать проект, и познакомиться с достопримечательностями Екатеринбурга? Тогда закажите у нас экскурсию :)